No products in the cart.
What is Microneedling?
Also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive treatment to promote skin rejuvenation. Microneedling applies a device with precise and define needs which create miniscule punctures into the top layer of the skin. This triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin for an overall youthful aesthetic. Lucy Peters offers micro-needling in NYC to treat wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and scars.
Micro-needling is one of the most highly accredited methods of treatment for a total beauty revival of one’s skin.
How Does Micro Needling Work?
Micro needling is based on the skin’s natural ability to self-repair after a laceration, cut, or wound occurs. By creating microscopic pinpoints, the body responds with the restoration of new elastin and collagen.
Micro needling is best used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Sluggish skin
- Acne Scarring (usually combined with laser for prominent scarring)
- Trauma Scars
- Accumulated photo damage wrinkles and roughness
Micro-needling is not painful
Micro needling may be slightly uncomfortable with depths needed for scar revision, but level of discomfort is managed extremely easy with topical numbing gel applied directly to the surface of the skin prior to beginning. Lighter treatments have been typically compared to a similar feeling as if brushing sandpaper across the skin.
How quickly will micro needling work?
Micro needling is not necessarily considered an aggressive treatment. It may require several treatments over the course of a 3 to 6 month period for the desired, expected results. Results are cumulative. A commitment to more than one treatment is suggested for optimal outcomes.
*Acne Scar patients are recommended to by subjected 6 to 8 treatments – fewer when combined with laser.
Recovery of skin post treatment:
Light treatment levels:
- May feel as though your skin is warm or hot – and sensitive.
- Light superficial treatments leave the skin red for a day or two.
More progressive levels:
- Treatments aimed at changing the skin at deeper planes as in acne scarring may experience some swelling, pinpoint bleeding (stops almost immediately)and what is called “bronzing” as the tiny pinpoints dry and then slough off.
- Skin may also feel tight.
- Skin will be more sun and product sensitive.
- Gentle washes to avoid discomfort.
- Don’t “pick” at any areas that feel like sand granules to avoid potential damage.
BEFORE & AFTER SESSION